SEO or Search Engine Optimization refers to the set of techniques that are applied within a web page, with the aim of improving the position and results organically in search engines, increasing its visibility.
On the other hand, SEM or Search Engine Marketing is in charge of online campaigns on a website to improve visibility, that is, they are paid results.
So what are their differences?
The main difference between the two is the investment of money, however, there are more, some of them derived from it:
- SEO words are more difficult to position than in SEM
- The results with SEM are immediate, while in SEO they become medium or long term.
- In SEO the results can become permanent, and in SEM while the campaign lasts
- In SEO there can be unexpected changes
- With SEM the results depend on the quality of the ads or the investment
- With SEO the results have to do with the Google algorithm
Which one should I occupy?
In our opinion, the best thing you can do is mix both, the secret is knowing when to use each one.
For example, when you need short-term results, the best thing is a SEM campaign, this will boost your website to appear in the first search results, although you should keep in mind that when you stop investing, this will no longer be the case.
This is where the SEO part comes in, because despite the fact that the results may take time, being published frequently will help to position yourself organically, in fact if you are starting, it is best to start with this strategy as soon as possible, so that , when you start to position yourself and gain visibility in the Google SERPs, include SEM campaigns.
As you can see, despite the fact that SEO or SEM strategies are different, they complement each other and this helps you to better optimize your results; don't forget that if you need help with your digital marketing you can contact us and our #DreamTeam will come to the rescue.